What is Light-Based Hair Removal?
Light-based hair removal treatments focus highly concentrated light into hair follicles. The pigment within the follicles absorb the light which in turn destroys unwanted hair. During the treatment, the laser light can selectively target certain areas of hair while leaving surrounding skin undamaged. Fo each pulse of the laser, a quarter-sized area of hair will be treated. Laser/IPL technology has brought us a safe and long-lasting way to remove unwanted body hair.
What are the benefits?
- Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs for precision
- Each pulse for the laser takes a fraction of a second
- It is typical for patients to have hair loss after 4-6 treatments
- It is safe and effective if performed by a trained professional
- Most people experience long-lasting hair removal or permanent hair reduction
- It is less painful than other methods – especially electrolysis
- It can work for almost anyone, including all skin colors and most types of hair
When should you use it?
- You have unwanted hair on your body
- You have dark, coarse hair
- You want to avoid the hassle of shaving
Where can you get it done?
Light-Based hair removal treatments can be performed by a trained specialist on areas of your body including the face, leg, arm, underarm, chest, back and bikini line. Most cosmetic dermatology offices offer this type of hair removal treatment.
What is the recovery time?
There really isn’t any downtime after treatment. Your skin may be red and/or swollen but you are free to resume normal daily activity without worry.