What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive procedure that exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells with tiny crystals. It helps thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. It’s an excellent procedure to maximize the benefit of topical treatments, keep skin smooth, help pigmentation and speed clearance of whiteheads.
What are the benefits?
- Brightens a dull complexion
- Evens out skin tone or texture
- Reduces age spots and dark spots
- Helps lessen the appearance of melasma, a form of pigmentation caused by hormones and inflammation
- Exfoliates your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Treats acne and the scars left by acne
When should you use it?
- If you have fine lines
- You have uneven pigmentation
- If you want to improve your clogged pores
Microdermabrasion will not treat deep wrinkles, dark spots, redness, or growths.
Where can you get it done?
Microdermabrasion is a procedure performed by a dermatologist in their office. As with most cosmetic dermatology procedures, it is important to receive treatment from trained professional. Although there are many home kits, the treatments available at a dermatology office penetrate deeper and are more powerful.
What is the recovery time?
The reason this procedure is so popular is because the lack of a recovery time post procedure is minimal. Some patients may experience symptoms similar to sunburn or windburn (their skin turning pink or light swelling) which will disappear in 1-2 days.